Well it’s the summertime and if you have kids, you are well aware that you need to keep them occupied for the next 3 months of summer… Here are the top 10 places to entertain your children in Bakersfield!
10. Public park– ANY OF THEM!
They are free… and just about everywhere! Take your kids early in the day when it’s not so hot and let them play… Again did i mention it is free?
9. Camelot park– Address: 1251 Oak Street, Bakersfield, CA 93304
It’s miniature golf, video games and Go cart racing… not free so bring money and it needs a paint job but if you can look past the old carpet…Loads of fun!
8. Chuck E. Cheese’s– Address: 3760 Ming Ave, Bakersfield, CA 93309
If you want to feel rich and let you kids play for hours… This is the place! The games are super cheap and run off of tokens… $20 can last you a long time there! Let the kids eat if they want, but we usually eat before we go:)
7. McMurtrey Aquatic Center– Address: 1325 Q St #100, Bakersfield, CA 93301
Not only is it cheap ($4 a person) It’s also has TWO slides and the kids will love it! The facility is clean and with the heat around the corner…this may be your only escape! Remember this is a public pool… so lots of people. Watch your kids close:)
6. San Joaquin Community Hospital Ice Center of Bakersfield– Address: 1325 Q St #100, Bakersfield, CA 93301
If you like ice skating this is for you! If you hate the heat…this is for you! On family nights it’s only $5! If your kids get hurt easy…not for you:)
5.Roller skating rink- We have 3 of them in town!
This is a blast for the kids and is affordable! With 3 rinks in town…Your bound to find one you like! You could get hurt…I say you because kids are usually fine…Adults try to do tricks and hurt themselves!
1-Rollerama 1004 34th St.Bakersfield, CA (661) 327-7589
2-Rollerama-West 7850 Brimhall Rd.Bakersfield, CA (661) 589-7555
3-Skateland415 Ming Ave. Bakersfield, CA (661) 426-8059
4.Bowling Alleys- Again bakersfield is packed with them!
1. AMF Southwest Lanes- Address: 3610 Wible Rd, Bakersfield, CA 93309
2. Regency Lanes- Address: 820 Real Rd, Bakersfield, CA 93309
3. AMF Westchester Lanes- Address: 1819 30th St, Bakersfield, CA 93301
3.Friday night Movie at the park– Free movies are presented on Friday nights at various city parks.
Each showing will begin at dusk, according to Bright House Networks. Attendees are encouraged to bring blankets, lawn chairs and snacks. click here to find a list of movies… and it’s FREE!
2. John’s Incredible Pizza– Address: 3709 Rosedale Hwy, Bakersfield, CA 93308
I convinced my Step-Daughter Kylie that this place was Disneyland for her 2nd birthday…She loved it…be warned it’s fun but costly.
1.Rush Air Sports-Address: 3200 Buck Owens Blvd, Bakersfield, CA 93308
You run, you jump, you laugh, it’s exciting… keep the socks and save your money because it’s a big savings!
Anything that spends time with them.- Address: Anywhere
Doesn’t matter if you’re rich or poor… Children just want your time and attention. Do something with them…anything…they will love it no matter what! Have a great summer:)